Monday, August 6, 2012

0 comments 8/06/2012

Shrimp and Scallops Fusilli with Pesto Sauce

Posted by SnOwySnOwy - Filed under , ,
Last night, I made pesto sauce for the first time by following this simple recipe. I am using my Baby Bullet as my food processor more and more often now that Baby J doesn't need to eat pureed food anymore and I find it convenient to use because of its size and power. It is becoming one of the most used small kitchen appliances in my home now. ^^





Since the pesto sauce was for Baby J as well, I purposely blended it extra smooth just to ensure the nuts won't get stuck in his teeth. This Shrimp and Scallops Fusilli with Pesto Sauce turned out to be a success, both K and Baby J loved it. ^^



Pesto Sauce

ingredients

  • 3 cups fresh basil leaves
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

preparation

In a food processor, blend together basil leaves, nuts, garlic, and cheese. Pour in oil slowly while still mixing. Stir in salt and pepper.

Yields 16 servings.



0 comments: